Sorry, this job has expired.
Paid holidays, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
$14.00 – $16.00
Want to work somewhere with competitive wages, a smooth environment, and a great work/life balance? Then look no further than the Tulsa Airport!
We are currently hiring a maintenance mechanic.
Under general supervision you are responsible for highly skilled maintenance, installation and repair of complex electrical, mechanical and material or fluid transfer systems; and performs other related assigned duties. This position is part of the snow crew and is subject to provide coverage outside their normal schedule during snow and emergency events.
We offer the following benefits:
• 13 paid holidays
• 112 hours of accrued vacation your first year
• Pension with 15.5% employer contribution
• Employer-paid $50,000 Life Insurance Policy
• Partially Employer-funded Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
• Supplemental Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
• Long- and short-term Disability Insurance
• Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Wellness Plan
• Pre-paid legal services and ID Theft insurance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
As a maintenance mechanic, you can also expect to:
• Clear baggage jams as needed.
• Use voltage and amperage meter.
• Perform diagnosis and repair in adverse working conditions.
• Maintain worksite safety and completes all related paperwork.
• Establish contacts and maintain good relations with the public and other employees.
• Repair parts or system components and re-install into system.
• Make minor and major electrical and/or mechanical repairs to perimeter gates, jet bridges, and BHS.
• Operate, maintain and use a variety of medium to heavy automotive equipment and scissor lifts.
• Assist in the maintenance and repair of waste grinder.
• Work independently or within small work groups engaged in a variety of planned and scheduled repair, maintenance and renovation activities.
• Diagnose issues with VFD’s and reprogram or replace as needed.
• Remove and replace motors and gearboxes as needed.
• High school diploma or GED
• 3 years of increasingly responsible skilled mechanical maintenance, including 2 years of experience in the repair, maintenance and installation of large electrical motors, controls and mechanical systems, or
• An equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Possession of an Oklahoma Class D Operator's License
• Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is preferred.
• Ability to obtain and maintain eligibility to hold a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge.
• Strong knowledge of electrical motors and controls.
• Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and safety requirements.
• Ability to use the TME CMMS program to write work orders, look up, and expend parts.
• Ability to inspect the operating condition and needed repairs, if any, of mechanical and electrical equipment and be able to perform the necessary repairs.
• Ability troubleshoot and repair electrical motor controls
• Frequent walking and standing; frequent lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds with occasional lifting/carrying up to 80 pounds.
• Occasional pushing and pulling up to 60 pounds; frequent reaching, balancing, kneeling, bending, handling, feeling, climbing, smelling and twisting.
• Occasional crawling.
• Vision, speech and hearing sufficient to perform essential tasks.
• Some positions within this classification may require sitting, use of magnification and good hand-eye coordination.
The working environment is primarily indoors and occasionally outdoors, and in inclement weather. There may be exposure to hazardous materials such as animal waste, dead animals and flammable liquids and toxic atmospheres. The working environment includes cramped working areas, excessive heights, high and low voltage, excessive dust and exposure to insect bites. Other hazards may be exposure to sewage, damp and slippery surfaces, snow and ice, high levels of noise and overhead power lines. You may be required to work overtime and be on 24-hour standby. This position is subject to occasional call back in emergency situations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Are you ready to become a valuable part of our team? Apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.